purpose of the mathematics education at Private Istanbul College is to
provide the students with the ability to think out of the box,
thoroughly analyze the problem and find practical solutions. The
principles of mathematics are taught to the students by motivating them
to analyze the cause – result relationship of the principle.
For example, the students do not only memorize that the value of Pi
number is 3,1416, but also realize that it is the ratio of the
circumference to the height. Knowledge which is obtained in such
promotes a more active learning and the knowledge becomes more permanent
as it is not just memorized. One of the most important concepts in
Private Istanbul College is that enjoying the work done is quite
important in achieving success. Therefore, in order to make our students
• “Brain Storming” method is utilized to increase the creativity of our
students, and allow them to develop empathy. We also utilize the
“question – answer” technique, which ensures the participation of the
• The basic principles of mathematics are questioned, and proved.
• We apply studies that lead the student to make research, solve the
problem and explore.
• We allow the students to present their project during the learning
• We utilize computer aided presentations in addition to traditional
• We utilize various materials to show the functionality of mathematics
in everyday life.
We ensure that our students thoroughly understand mathematical thinking
and the processes, and we apply an effective mathematics education based